Casting Crowns


I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes through this. So you know how sometimes when you hear a song in the morning, it's stuck in your head for the rest of the day no matter what you do?


Storyofmylife.


Yesterday, on my way to go grocery shopping, I heard an obnoxious song: "California Girls" by Katy Perry. Naughty song. Naughty singer. Nothappy Kylie. (It's even getting back in my head as I'm typing this.)


Today was different.


I woke up with a completely different song in my head (and I haven't heard it in a while). Let me give some background by saying this: when I started dating TJ I started listening to different kinds of music. One genre being Christian music. And now I'm in love. (With the music, and my husband.)


This is the chorus to the song that is stuck in my head. It's by one of our favorites, Casting Crowns. It's called, "If We Are the Body:"


But if we are the Body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the Body
Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them
There is a way.


*I would recommend a google search of the rest of the lyrics.


Talk about a total change in the tone of my day. I'm not going to elaborate on these lyrics and what they mean to me, but I will tell you this: I'm making some changes in myself. Because after all, aren't we all trying to be more like Him?


*I love the power of music.






1 comment :

  1. I like this =) I love music--it can definitely inspire us to do better. You are such an example to me =) I love you! xoxoxoxo, MOM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)