I like my life.


I like my life.
I have an honest job.
I have a cute apartment.
I have a wonderful husband.

I like being domestic.
I like to cook good, healthy meals for my wonderful husband.
I like using the plethora of kitchen gadgets we were given for our wedding.
I like cleaning (but lets face the facts, it's really not my favorite, just the end results are nice).

I like to be creative.
I like to expand and enhance my talents.
Be it cooking, decorating, crafting, and finding new ways to make the husband smile.

There are the bad days though.
The days when I feel like my best isn't enough.
That I'm just not enough.....that my efforts are inadequate.

But who doesn't have those days??

The point is, I love being a wife.
I love being able to contribute to something bigger than just me.
I love my husband with all my heart, and I know that he loves me right back.
I can't imagine anything I'd rather be more..... except a mom (but that will come in time).

For those skeptics out there:
Womanhood is about being YOU.
YOU are beautiful and you do matter.
One of my all-time favorite quotes:
President Hinckley declared: "Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth."

I like being a woman.

4 comments :

  1. YOU are a Special Daughter of Heavenly Father. I am honored to be your mother. xoxoxoxo, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Love you Kylie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock K! You are such an example to me...seriously...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it :) And I'm now starting a gratitude journal :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)