warmth.

I love having soup, stew, or chili on a cold winter's night with snow falling softly outside my window.

Here's the recipe for tonight's dinner:

White Bean Chili

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cubed

1 med onion, chopped

1 ½ tsp garlic powder

1 tbsp vegetable oil

2-4 cans great northern white beans, rinsed & drained

1 can chicken broth

2 cans green chiles

1 tsp salt

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp oregano

1 tsp pepper

¼ tsp cayenne pepper

*1 c sour cream

* ½ whipping cream or canned milk

Cook chicken, onion, garlic powder in large pot until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chiles, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat until simmers and let it cook for 30 min. Take off heat and add sour cream and whipping cream.

*optional ingredients.

PS. I used home-canned chicken and did not have cumin. I did not have broth, but used the liquid the chicken was in as well as about a cup of water, plus a cube of chicken boullion. Also, I did not add the optional ingredients, but did add a splash of 1% milk to add some more liquid. My chili was thick, but that's the way I like it. It got a stamp of approval from the roommates and boyfriend. :)

PPS. If you haven't already, read the post below this one.

1 comment :

  1. PS: This has Katie's stamp of approval--soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)