"Every little thing that you do..."





TJ Pond first came to a knowledge of my existence via his younger brother Skylar, when he was still Elder Pond. TJ tells me that when he first saw my picture, he wanted to meet me and get to know me...and apparently something more.
The first time we met, I invited him to come to TCBY (frozen yogurt shop) with a bunch of friends and then go back to my apartment for games. It. was. awkward. (I decided to give him a break since he'd only been home less than a week and still didn't know how to socialize.)
We had already started texting back and forth. I conveniently needed to take a desk to Goodwill, and he just happened to have a truck. And then I asked if I could call him one night. We hung out almost every day for two and a half weeks. During that time, he took me on two official dates...one to a BBQ in the woods and a softball game, the second to dinner at a friend's and the Lava Tubes. Both were with his friend Clay and Clay's (then girlfriend, now fiancee) Julia.
{On a side note, TJ almost didn't think the second date would happen. You see, we had been at his house watching a movie, and he held my hand for the first time. When he dropped me off....well...he went in for the kiss and I...uh....turned my head into his shoulder. Apparently I was the first girl to ever deny him, and he thought it a sign that I didn't like him. Little did he know, I was VL...never-been-kissed...and basically just downright terrified. The next morning I sent him a text explaining that I did indeed like him, I just wasn't ready for a kiss....yet.}
The day after our second date, I went to his house to watch the BYU football game and eat BBQ chicken and whatever else amazing things his mother concocted. Like her homemade salsa (seriously heaven). After the game and everything, he drove me out to Lake Mary (because he "hadn't been there since being home"). There, sitting on the tailgate of the truck, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said with a smile, "Okay." :)
That was September 5, 2009. During the next four months, we would become best friends, and grow closer than I thought possible. There were many ups and downs, but the good outweighed the bad.
On January 27, 2010...he drove me out to Lake Mary. On the ride out there, he played songs from a playlist just for me. When we got there, he set up a propane heater (because I'm recovering from being sick), rolled down the truck windows, and we stood outside looking at the beautiful frozen lake. Then, he went back to the truck and put the iPod on "Amazed" by Lonestar (a song that has special meaning for us). Then he said, "Let's dance."
As we danced, he kept telling me how lucky he was :) I got kinda suspicious when he checked his jacket pocket. Twice. When the song was over, he asked if I wanted to know why he'd been acting a little weird that night. I said sure. My hand was on his chest....his heart was pounding.
He got down on one knee and my hands flew to cover my mouth.
He gently pulled my hands down in his, and said:
"Kylie I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. This isn't a joke. Will you marry me?"
He pulled out the ring as I said, "Yes!!"
Then we hugged and kissed and all that jazz.
So, I guess this is the beginning of...y'know...our life together.

"...Baby, I'm amazed by you."

7 comments :

  1. CONGRATULATIONS KYLIE!!! I am SO excited for you! TJ seems like a really great guy and I'm sure that you too will make each other VERY happy! I really wish you all the best! Let me know if you need ANYTHING at all! Congrats! TJ is a very lucky man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ring kylie! I am so excited for you and Tj is so sweet and sounds like he is very romantic too. Your eternity with him will be a blast. Let me know if i can help with any wedding plans or wedding ideas i have a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie, I am so thrilled for you both. Life is to be enjoyed, and I believe it is better when shared with the ONE You Love!!!! Love you, Aunt Lawanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This isn't a joke..." HAHA!
    You guys are so wonderful! I love both of you and wish you both the best!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your blog! & this post made me cry thinking of my little Teej proposing to such a beautiful girl. I was so pleased to finally meet you...I hope you know how much that little boy means to me! You are a doll...I will check back often! Thanks for visiting our blog...it's mostly all about the boys so you will be able to get to know them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kailei: Thank you! You're such a sweetheart!

    Katy: Thanks! I'll let you know if I need help with ideas....I'm a little lost when it comes to decorating....

    Katie: Gracias :)

    Apryl: Thanks for all you do for TJ. He means a lot to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your cousin tyler pulled out the ring and said, "so do you wanna?" It wouldn't have been from tyler if it was anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)