179th Annual

Oh my goodness, General Conference was amazing! 
I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Salt Lake with some friends from Flagstaff: Preston, Darrell, and Edwin Tenney, and Emma Olmstead. We stayed with the Tenney's sister Kiersten, who lives close to downtown SLC. Anyways, she had her Master Recital and the above picture is of an LDS church building across the street. We totally thought it was from another religion at first. Pretty cool, huh?
The above picture was taken from my seat at the Saturday Morning Session. That's right! I got to sit on the Plaza level, section 2, with Preston. We kinda didn't have tickets, so we begged, and we got pretty lucky the first session, and we got into all the sessions we wanted to (Sat AM, PM, and Sun AM.) What an incredible feeling it was as the entire congregation stood when Pres. Monson, Pres. Eyring, and Pres. Uchtdorf entered the room. They truly are men of God.
Leave it to Utah to still have tons of snow in April. It was a bit chilly, especially on Saturday when it was snowing, but the mountains were glorious. I fell in love with them. I decided if my future ever leads me to Utah, I would have no problem with that. (Although I would be sure to clarify that I'm not from Utah.) If any of my wonderful aunts and uncles would like to host me for a week or so sometime during the summer or another break, I'd love that. :)
On Friday, we had the opportunity to do Baptisms for the Dead in the Jordan River temple. I love the Spirit that is felt when I'm in the Lord's holy house. This was one of my most spiritual experiences in a temple, and I was grateful that I could prepare to listen to the voice of that same Spirit testify to me during conference.
I love the Salt Lake temple. So majestic! It's my goal to do some form of Temple Work in this temple someday.
This last picture is reminiscent of the poem "Three White Dresses," which is one of my favorites. This display was part of an exhibit in the Church History Museum, which we went to on Friday as well.

Overall, I think I can safely say that it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I've always loved Conference, but I felt the Spirit so strongly. I learned something from every talk, and I will strive to improve my life in accordance with what was taught. So many themes: adversity, home & family, Temples, faith, the Atonement. My testimony was strengthened, my faith renewed, and my hope now burns brighter.

I hope you enjoyed it too.

3 comments :

  1. What a great experience...I love Utah too (which explains why I'm going to school there...)! :D I'm glad you got to go to Conference and the temple up there, and I'm glad you had fun and really felt the Spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't conference the BEST! I LOVED it! I always feel rejuvinated and so HAPPY that weekend as my home, my thoughts, and my heart are flooded with the Spirit! I Love that feeling! I've been trying to figure out the best way to keep that feeling every day...This year I prayed to figure that out and realized that instead of just rejoicing and basking in the Spirit of the weekend to get up and go to work on doing all the things and feeling that Spirit increase in my every day life...like you already do.:) It's been wonderful as I make a conscious daily effort to strive to more fully follow our Savior. Thanks for sharing your testimony-it strengthened mine. I love you Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conference was SUPER!!! I also LOVE your new background. Find one for me??=)
    xoxoxox, MOM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)