Not so pleasant memories...

I was just thinking the other day about my blog, when out of nowhere, I recalled the time when I had no idea what the heck a blog was.

It was a hot and dry Arizona day and I was a new sophomore at the legendary Mesa High School. It was sixth hour, and I was sitting in Mr. Garcia's AA Sophomore English class. It was one of the first days, and he had just explained "blogs." He said it wasn't the same as a journal (whatever) and that we would be required to do one every day (or take like two pages of notes). I didn't think much of it, paid it no heed. But oh how I grew to loathe them.

Fast forward to exactly one year later. Now a junior, the dreaded blogs had found me again. Mrs. Andelora had the same brilliant method for improving our creative writing skills. I must say, my loathing of the things grew. Usually, we were given a topic, if not it still had to be class related. I usually procrasitnated (a skill I refined in high school, practically to the level of an art). Nevertheless, I did them.

Thankfully, Mr. Olson had no such silly requirements. Don't think we got off easy though. He found numerous alternative methods of torture.

Now, a high school graduate and official survivor of AP Sr. English (let's just say that the class was nicknamed circle nine of Dante's Inferno), I am addicted to blogging. Not just doing it myself, but reading others blogs. I've discovered I either a) have no life and therefore must feed on others, b) am a very nosy person, or c) all of the above. I'm sure some of that will change once I have school to occupy my time again. In my defense however, online blogging is completely different from the torture inflicted upon me and fellow classmates in school.

Until next time,
Kylie

1 comment :

  1. ugh. just THINKING about those blogs makes me shudder!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)